December 10, 2018, 10:52:40 AM

See more Support incidents in our old archived forum.

Author Topic: The task name on my summary tasks are not editable  (Read 1180 times)

steve.vilotti

• Customers
The task name on my summary tasks are not editable
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:14:59 PM »
I can edit the task name column without issue as long as it is not a summary task. As soon as I outdent a task to make it a summary task, I am no longer able to edit the task name field. I notice that on the demo, it allows for the summary task names to be edited. I am using a custom version of the jQuery Gantt that was provided to me ( ver. 5.0.27.43). I have not updated to the newest version yet. It is a very difficult process for us to upgrade as we are integrating the Gantt into Dynamics CRM and Microsoft has particular naming rules for the supporting files. Some of which have to be renamed. Is there a setting that I am missing that enables/disables summary task name editing? Any help would be appreciated.

Rajagopal

• RQ Members
Re: The task name on my summary tasks are not editable
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
steve.vilotti,

We are not able to reproduce this issue. We suspect as you may turn off the "isParentEditable" boolean flag for name column. Please help us to reproduce this issue in one of our install sample?

Thanks
Raja

steve.vilotti

• Customers
Re: The task name on my summary tasks are not editable
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply and thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I simply added isParentEditable: true to the name column and it works fine now. I guess the default behavior is "false". Anyway, it is working as expected now. Thanks for the quick response.